Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer

You had me with Matthew McConaughey.  This reminds me of one of his first movies, A Time to Kill, in which he also was a lawyer.  I think this is one of his best movies since that one.  I like seeing him in one where he can really act, because he is more than a pretty face.  This movie has it's twist and turns, which I loved, about a lawyer who is working out of the back of his limousine (I guess it's a Lincoln), with lots of sleazy clients, with the sleaziest of them all being Ryan Phillipe's character.  He makes the others look lovable.  It's one of those who can "out smart the other" duals between the two of them.  The supporting characters all add to this movie and I'd give it 3 stars.  I think I'll have to read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment